- A wide variety of project typologies, ranging from low TRL technologies to products with an established Business Plan.
- This variety generates a need to be able to compare technological projects with each other on the main value drivers and the definition of criteria and processes to facilitate the selection of projects.
- Establish a prioritization of projects and technologies upstream allowing budgets to be allocated transparently.
- Implement robust R&D project and portfolio management supported by a dedicated digital solution.
- Identification and qualification of the main qualitative criteria
Identification and description of FoM (Figure of Merit), the main determinant of the value of an R&T project and characterizing the performance of a technology compared to its alternatives
- Design of a robust method of project scoring based on the main FoM and POC and implementation of the score in order to:
- Compare projects with different TRL, FoM and qualitative strengths and weaknesses
- Compare “soft-oriented” and “hard-oriented” projects
- Take into account the origin of funding (R&T, Programs, Agencies, Industrial Partners) and the logics of partnerships
- Test of the tool on several real technologies with project leaders
- Work with the Design & Costing cell to assess key cost data with a cost breakdown structure approach vs. product breakdown structure
- Drafting of a guidelines document aimed at describing the costing process, key terms and training in the use of the tool
- Design of a tool to assess the potential of technologies over time
- Design and costing guidelines to clarify cost segmentation based on TRL level
Duration of the assignment: 12 months
Continue the Conversation or Find Out More
We Have Received Your Message.
We will get back to you as soon as possible.