Among the most constrained in terms of safety and regulations, the Health sector is marked by an unprecedented health crisis which has further increased the pressure.
Actors Impacted By:
- Changes in health policy: gradual reduction in reimbursement rates, additional stocks,
- The emergence of new, more agile and digital players (Startup – biotechnology, etc.),
- Increasingly strong regulations with specificities per country and the need to invest heavily to comply,
- A transformation of professions with the arrival of digital and AI / Machine learning which are transforming the daily lives of teams (Operations, Supply Chain, AI, clinical trials, traceability, etc.),
- Strong organizational and performance issues related to a very active sector: change of strategy, build-up, carve-out, business combination, active investment fund, etc.
A Sector Where Each Player Has Their Own Constraints:
- Medical devices: a constant search for technological leaps and innovation,
- Pharmaceutical industry: strong pressure linked to generics, an explosion in costs, particularly in R&D, control of CDMOs in terms of sometimes complicated QCD, political pressure on the subject of strategic reindustrialization,
- Hospitals/clinics: a sector heavily used by economic pressure but also the demands of the patient,
- Home care: strong development, particularly due to the obligation to go on an outpatient basis for a large number of treatments, requiring an increase in-home care.
Agility is at the heart of the challenges for the entire healthcare industry.
Continuously evolving and the highly competitive segment has raised new challenges, which include an increase in pricing, uncertainty in market access dynamics, changes in consumer behavior and disturbances from non-traditional players in healthcare. All this together forces life science and pharma companies to rethink the strategy in deciding which aspect of the current business they have to invest in and the growth strategies that they have to focus on in order to create sustainable growth.
Kepler life science consulting teams help leaders and decision-makers in the life science, healthcare, medical devices manufacturing and pharma industry to develop strategies and plans to improve their services for patients and win growth in a dynamic global healthcare market.
For about 15 years now, Kepler life science and pharma industry consulting teams gained extensive knowledge and experience working with small, midsize and large multinational life sciences and pharma companies which allowed us to master the entire healthcare value chain: from the manufacturer of drugs, medical devices to patients in hospitals, clinics and at home.
The Expertise of Our Four Areas of Excellence is Put to Use:
- Intervene very early in the process, in the due diligence phase to assess targets,
- Deploy ambitious savings plans,
- Optimize CAPEX,
- Work on optimizing patient flows for hospitals and clinics.
- Optimize the process of innovation and redesign to cost
- Launch purchasing optimization programs (Direct and indirect) and rework supplier quality
- Optimizing industrial sites through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Control & optimize Packaging, API, Alcohol purchases, etc.
- Optimize maintenance, Plant Cycle time (PCT) & release processes (including QA / QC),
- Use AI / machine learning and Easykost, particularly on packaging
Hospitals / Clinic
- Deploy Lean approaches on clinic operations (blocks, customer reception, patient journey, billing management, sterilization, arsenal)
- Achieve additional income related to the hotel industry
- Optimizing agency management, pooling administrative tasks, reducing stocks, redefining network design.
Lifescience and Pharma Industry Consulting Client References
Lifescience and Pharma Industry Consulting Services by Kepler
Kepler is a consulting firm specializing in Lifescience Consulting and Pharma Industry Consulting. Kepler Pharma Industry Consulting firm supports companies by improving the performance of their Innovation, Research & Development, their Purchasing performance, Operations, and Supply Chain. Kepler Lifescience Consulting Firm has its offices in the United States(U.S), France, China, and India. Our diversified experts working globally bring competitive skills to the table in addressing the most difficult questions faced by healthcare companies.
Our consulting expertise is helping life sciences leaders develop strong strategies, manage resources and use the right technologies and along with data support to improve operations excellence, engage innovation, optimize investments and create profitable growth.
To explore more about our life science and pharma consulting team’s capabilities, reach out to us and know how we can help your company achieve high-impact results.